Who We Are
Serving more than 3,300 scholars in six schools across two cities; Jackson, Mississippi and Nashville, Tennessee, RePublic Schools is the only school network solely dedicated to reimagining public education in the South.
Part of reimagining education in the South means that we confront the historic inequities that work against our scholars and actively work to dismantle those inequities. We are doing this by intentionally creating environments that embrace, honor, and celebrate our scholars' identities and experiences, as well as the identities and experiences of every member of our community.
We are looking for determined ELL/ESL Teachers
at the middle or high school level to lock arms with our school teams in Nashville, TN for the 2023-24` school year.
Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you? Who You Are
What You'll Do
- A steadfast believer that all students can achieve academic excellence, regardless of background
- A growth-minded tinkerer who is constantly learning, improving, and hungry for feedback
- A gritty problem-solver who is eager to approach challenges with smart solutions in mind
- An eternal optimist who supports and motivates your teammates by having their back
- A bond-builder , who believes that strong relationships are the lynchpin for strong schools
- A fervent planner who backwards maps from big goals to drive daily actions
- A detail maven who recognizes that big things come from small, intentional actions over time
- A data-driven analyst who reflects and takes swift action based on results
- A proactive communicator who reaches out to students, families, and teammates
The Fine Print
- Leading for Racial Equity - We believe that racism's legacy in education is most entrenched in the South. We look at ourselves first, reflect, and talk about the role racism plays in our lives. We work to be constantly anti-racist in our words and actions.
- Pursue Growth - We believe that we can and must get better. We constantly seek to both support each other and also improve our work.
- Get results. Continually plan lessons and analyze data to push scholars to master rigorous content.
- Never stop growing. Offer and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant improvement; dive humbly into school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Strive for Excellence - We believe achieving excellence is a challenging journey. We maintain high standards and endeavor towards excellence each day.
- Bring it. Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your best self to a high-performing school environment where the stakes are high for kids.
- Own your content. Create a rigorous curriculum aligned to RePublic's academic model and Common Core Standards, do the intellectual prep needed to deliver rigorous instruction, and develop and demonstrate a genuine passion for your content area that is contagious to scholars.
- Deliver strong. Dynamically lead students in whole-class and small-group settings, cultivate intellectual curiosity and a love of learning in scholars, and adjust using qualitative and quantitative data to ensure student understanding and meet differentiated student needs.
- Become Better Together - We believe that each member of our community brings a unique and valuable perspective. We honor and celebrate these perspectives, and we know that our differences make us stronger.
- Be the teammate you want next door. Emanate optimism, bring up the daily happiness quotient of the people around you, share feedback to solve problems, reflect on how your actions impact others, and take ownership over creating the staff culture you want to show up to each day.
- Reach higher - and sweat the small stuff. Develop, uphold, and implement RePublic's values and systems to effectively manage a classroom and create a consistent experience for scholars across the school.
- Create Joy - We believe that joy is the undercurrent of the work we do. We choose to see and create the joy that is within us and around us, and we actively work to spread that joy to others.
- Spread the love. Build deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of joy and community. Maintain strong lines of communication with families about student progress, and go above and beyond to support and collaborate closely with teammates in the united pursuit of RePublic's mission.
- By the time that employment begins, all teachers must have a Bachelor's degree
- By the time that employment begins, all teachers in our schools must meet certification requirements. There are a few ways to meet this requirement:
- Hold a valid Tennessee teaching license and possess the correct content endorsements needed to teach the particular content
- Hold a valid teaching license that has successfully been transferred from another state that offers reciprocity with TN
- Enroll in state-accredited Alternative Certification Program pursuing certification and be eligible for recommendation of licensure by district or program
- Prior Experience. Prior experience teaching students of diverse language learning backgrounds, experience teaching in a low-income community, and a demonstrated ability to raise achievement levels of traditionally underserved students highly preferred. Ability to demonstrate a deep commitment to addressing historic inequity along lines of race + class in the American South required.
- Placement. Teachers will be placed at one of our Nashville Schools: Nashville Prep, Liberty Collegiate Academy, or RePublic High School.
- Compensation. Salary is competitive with local district and partner charter organizations, and commensurate based on prior experience in education. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.
As a part of reimagining public education in the South, we are intentionally creating an environment that embraces, honors, and celebrates our scholars' identities and experiences. We are working to make environments that affirm our differences across race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical abilities, socio-economic class, and other characteristics that make up our unique identities. Additionally, we've committed to hiring and developing individuals who share the life experiences of our students because we believe these individuals have an additional impact on our scholars. To Apply
- Interested? To apply for this position, please submit a resume and an optional cover letter: http://republiccharterschools.org/careers
- Questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org