The Intensive English Program at Capital University is seeking to hire ESL Adjunct Instructors for the spring 2024 semester. Contracts are issued on a semester-by-semester basis. The ESL Program provides international students with supportive and vigorous language instruction that will lead to preparation for a student's next academic journey. Instructional delivery is in-person, Monday -Thursday, and classes meet from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm. Depending on enrollment, teaching assignments may be for 1-3 classes. The first day of class for the spring semester is Wednesday, January 10, 2024.Requirements:
- Master's degree in TESOL or a closely-related field (English, Linguistics, Education).
- Minimum one to three years of teaching academic reading, writing, listening and speaking in an Intensive English Program (IEP) or English for Academic Purpose (EAP) program.
- Creative classroom presence with an ability to teach from basic to advanced students.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective use of technology in the classroom.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues.
- Assist with end of semester testing, grading, and other tasks.
Interested candidates should submit 1) Cover letter that outlines the applicant's IEP/ESL experience as well as an educational philosophy to teaching international students of varied backgrounds, 2) a current CV, 3) Unofficial/copies of MA transcript, 4) names of three professional references (w/phone number & email address).Please upload all documents listed above to the drop box, when asked to upload resume on application.
Capital University is committed to increasing the diversity of the Capital community and curriculum. This commitment includes Capital's dedication to the development of faculty and staff who are committed to inclusive practices in teaching, learning, working and all other campus and community interactions. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply. For more information on Capital University, visit our website at www.capital.edu.
Capital University is an equal opportunity employer, and supports a diverse and inclusive campus community. Capital University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by the law. Job Posted by ApplicantPro