SUSTech Center for Language Education
English Language Instructor Position
The Center for Language Education (CLE) at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) invites applications for an English Language Instructor position. The successful candidate will teach a diverse range of SUSTech students (undergraduate and postgraduate). SUSTech is a young public university located in Shenzhen, China, near Hong Kong. The main languages of instruction at the university are Chinese and English.
The CLE is committed to enhancing SUSTech students’ capacity of English and other foreign languages through various language programs and contributing to the internationalization of SUSTech. The CLE is dedicated to offering high-quality teaching and the best possible opportunities for foreign language attainment by providing a sustainable multidimensional language learning environment. The CLE is expanding rapidly and has a great need for teachers with insight and experience in English language teaching.
- Teaching academic listening, speaking, reading, and writing at various levels
- Providing training for faculty members and teaching assistants in using English as a medium of instruction
- Providing training for the administrative staff to enhance their use of English in the workplace
- Contributing to the development of curricula, assessments, and teaching materials to ensure high standards of English language education
- Actively participating in department meetings or program support activities as needed
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A master’s or doctorate degree in TESOL, TEFL, linguistics, applied linguistics, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience teaching English at the college/university level
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: curriculum development, EAP, ESP for STEM, assessment, teacher training, academic writing and communication, English medium instruction, educational technology
- Experience teaching abroad is highly desirable
- For applicants with a doctorate degree, evidence of research publications in the field of English language education
Conditions of Employment
Employees in this position will be subject to the terms and conditions set out in their contract of employment, which will normally be reviewed annually. SUSTech offers competitive compensation that includes salary, medical insurance, and other benefits.
Please send a CV, cover letter, contact details of three references, scanned copies of academic qualifications and other supporting materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information about Southern University of Science and Technology, visit http://sustech.edu.cn/en/ and about the Center for Language Education, visit http://cle.sustech.edu.cn/.