Antares Colorado is a new school in the growing network of CEA accredited and SEVP-approved schools across the United States with long-time presences in Indianapolis (Internexus Indiana), Los Angeles (Internexus Los Angeles), and Orlando (Antares Orlando). We offer an intensive English program and are committed to providing a complete English education. We provide students with experiences in academic settings while striving to give students experiences in the social settings that make an English education complete. Our goal is to ensure that our students flourish in not only the important realm of academics, but also to oversee achievement in professional and social skills. Our program is designed to focus on the core of English language as well as culture, customs, and the nuances of interacting in the 21st century.Job Summary
We are looking for teachers who are available to teach in-person in our newly opening school in the greater Denver area. Right now, we lease a location in Longmont right off of I-25. We might move to a location in a northern Denver suburb as the school grows. You would begin teaching in January, with training beginning in November/December.
ESL instructors report directly to the academic coordinator and are responsible for guiding English-as-a-second-language learners towards increased language proficiency. We teach both academically oriented students with a curriculum designed to prepare students for American college/university experience, and students with professional or personal goals with an integrated curriculum. An instructor is responsible for teaching all classes as assigned.
- Are well-prepared for all classes, implementing the Internexus/Antares curriculum
- Keep accurate records, i.e., student attendance, grades, and lesson plans
- Are aware of and adhere to all Internexus/Antares policies
- Attend instructor meetings, and participate in Living Language Labs and other Center activities
- Required: Bachelor”s degree from an accredited institution with TESL certification
- Preferred: Bachelor”s degree in Linguistics, TEFL, ESL, or related field from an accredited institution;
- Strongly preferred: Master”s degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Language Education or a closely related field.
- Preferred: Two years of ESL or FL teaching experience
- Must be service-oriented, have the ability to relate to a wide range of cultural groups.
- Must be able to communicate goals and objectives of the program to students and collaborate with other faculty members and staff.
- Must be flexible in teaching assignments within the Center setting.
Location: Greater Denver area, CO in-person (Currently Longmont, but might move to a northern Denver suburb)
Pay: $19-20/hr, based on education and experience
Hours: We need morning and evening teachers for classes that run from *9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; and *5:00 to 9:30 p.m. MT
We might also be starting two-day per week classes in January and are looking for teachers who can either teach all day *8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with 1 hour lunch) or split the class with another teacher and teach morning or afternoon. Please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
*hours subject to change
Contact: Please send resume or CV, a cover letter, TESL certificate, and references
Company website: https://www.antares.edu/