ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY POSITION
EARTH University is a private, not-for-profit institution dedicated to education in agriculture and natural resource management. EARTH is a four-year residential undergraduate institution with 400 students coming from 40 countries, mostly in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa. EARTH’s educational model is based on the principles of student centered and experiential learning. All professor positions are centered on the role of teaching.
EARTH University invites applications from qualified candidates interested in being considered for the position described below. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Professor of English as a Foreign Language
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Professional in the teaching of English as a second/foreign language (minimum master´s degree)
- Extensive experience (minimum 5 years) in teaching English as a second/foreign language to young adults
- Preferably with knowledge in topics related to the following areas: agriculture, entrepreneurship, and/or rural development
- Demonstrated teaching excellence. (Attach evaluations.)
- Excellent communication skills in English (minimum C1) and Spanish
- Excellent abilities in inter-disciplinary and multicultural teamwork
- Availability to live and work in a rural area
EARTH University is looking for qualified candidates to:
- Facilitate student learning of English as a second/foreign language
- Facilitate student learning through principles and applied experiences in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- Participate in outreach activities of the University and support the activities of the International Academic Relations Office.
- Participate in research projects, in the Work Experience course and other activities that involve students of the University and in scientific or professional activities in your field.
- Support other activities of the academic program and provide service to the University (in both campuses: Guácimo, Limón and Liberia, Guanacaste) that contribute to the integral education of the student.
EARTH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. EARTH also has residential options available in a multicultural environment inside our Campus.
Candidates should send a cover letter describing their qualifications for the position and their teaching philosophy, a copy of their curriculum vitae, and contact information for three references including phone numbers and e-mails. References will be contacted only if the candidates are selected as finalists. Send all documents to: