Be Inspired By the Work You Do
If you want to change the world, one patient at a time, we'd love you to consider joining our team.
OneWorld Community Health Centers is a growing Omaha-based organization that employs over 500 people while still retaining a true family feel. Out of 1,400+ Community Health Centers nationwide, OneWorld ranks within the top 2% in terms of clinical outcomes. It takes all of us, with our various talents and positions, to achieve results like this. Our employees are united by a desire to help the community, and it shows.
We are looking for a mission driven Substitute ESL Instructor to join our team! The Substitute ESL Instructor at the Learning Community Center of South Omaha is primarily responsible for teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) to groups of parents with varying levels of English proficiency and literacy. The Substitute ESL Instructor works in collaboration with the Director of the Learning Community Center to activate and support long-term strategies focused on working with parents to better support their children's education.
This is a substitute position located on the Learning Community Center (23rd & M). The schedule will be 4/PRN(On-call) hours per week; generally Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm.
To ensure the safety of our patients, employees, and communities, OneWorld Community Health Centers is recommending all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Bilingual in English and another language preferred; ability to speak basic Spanish preferred.
- Related teaching experience and certification in teaching English as a Second Language required (ex: ESL Endorsement, TESOL/TEFL certificate); State of Nebraska teaching certificate with public school teaching experience preferred.
- Ability to accommodate the learning needs of non-traditional, diverse student populations.
- Outstanding personal/interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with technology in facilitating instruction.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc. provides a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance; Tuition Reimbursement; 401(k); free fitness center and more. If you want to apply your unique skillset to a diverse, caring, growing nonprofit that serves 50,000+ patients, please apply.
You can make a difference - in your life and the lives of others.
OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc. is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all hiring and employment practices. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer