Hiring For The 2023-2024 School Year!!
Excel Academies are operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral support to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. Every child deserves to reach their full potential, and we're looking to hire exceptional English Language Development Teachers who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Why Join Us?
Are you driven by the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the lives of students? At SESI Schools, we are moving what for students with unique needs. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Salary Range: Recognizing your dedication with a competitive salary
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits: Enjoy medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance: Providing peace of mind for you and your loved ones
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Matching: Investing in your future
- Tuition Reimbursement: Further your education with reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Additional Perks: Benefit from a Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and even Pet Insurance
- Continued Training and Growth Opportunities: We are committed to your professional development
Our ESL Teachers will provide academic, emotional, and physical services for students who require additional support to thrive in school. They will conduct frequent and appropriate assessments, use data to develop and implement instructional plans and collaborate with school personnel and families to drive outcomes. Every child deserves to reach their full potential, and we're looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will be essential in fueling student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach knowledge and skills, nurture confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans to promote all student's performance
- Develop and maintain skill-appropriate lesson plans
- Develop and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI Schools and local, state, and federal agencies
- Collaborate with staff to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor
- Utilize the school behavioral support and intervention strategies
- Implement de-escalation techniques and crisis management to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress toward goals
- Participate in the daily functions of the school, such as morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties
- Attending and documenting conferences, meetings, and training with supervisors
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning Required
- Valid IL EL Certification Required
- Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.