Title: Adult Education ESL Adjunct Instructor - Knox County (Part-Time)
Employee Classification: Faculty
Department: Adult Education
Campus Location: TCAT Knoxville
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Knoxville is accepting applications for a Part-Time ESL Adjunct Instructor working in Knox County in the Adult Education Program. This is a grant funded position.
This position provides instruction in adult education for the six educational functioning levels to students with varying academic levels. The instructor interacts with students and provides instructional and registration /intake-related services for potential and current students.
- Plan, teach and evaluate student work • Provide instruction for digital education classroom • Accept responsibility and is self-motivated • Demonstrate the ability to multi-task • Assist with graduation • Assist with student registration, assessment, orientation/counseling • Administer and interpret scores for CASAS and HiSET OPT exams for student placement and instruction • Organize and maintain confidential program and student files as well as report documentation, I including maintaining correct student sign-in sheets • Provide office coverage, customer service and assist with student registration, class assignment, attendance, and student goals • Maintain technical knowledge by engaging in opportunities to improve or increase skills • Contribute to team effort • Perform other duties as assigned • Maintaining time and effort documentation • Work toward classroom improvement based on program goals • Post-test all students after 40 hours of instruction • Work with Leadership Team to develop a program that supports students' progression through the National Reporting System levels - ensuring level gains - (Essential)
- Baccalaureate in Education or related field, Tennessee Teacher's License (preferred or approved waiver, or experience in teaching.
- Office Skills: Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) as well as the ability to learn to use other computer software
- Experience in an adult education environment
- Knowledge of data management system
- Demonstrate command of content knowledge of current AE Curriculum and recommended resources
- Maintain student files to track students for post-testing
- Work as a team member
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of interpersonal /customer skills
- Strong Organizational and analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Travel to satellite class locations if necessary
- Participate in local and state activities /staff development