Ombudsman Educational Services, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking a High School Teacher to join our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic - We Should Talk!
As a Teacher, you are first and foremost responsible for increasing student achievement by consistently ensuring the implementation of instructional practices and strategies endorsed by ChanceLight Education and in accordance with Ombudsman policies. As the instructional leader, you will assure quality instruction is delivered and Ombudsman policies and procedures are implemented in an effective and efficient manner.
‖ Responsibilities Include:
- Delivering instruction, through the use of curriculum materials and educational software.
- Developing daily lesson plans and classroom schedule that reflects state and school requirements.
- Collaborating with special education teachers and other support staff to provide instructional support and approved modification to the curriculum.
- Implementing standards for student behavior in order to ensure a safe, secure and effective learning environment by providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations and consistency.
- Maintaining regular contact with students' parents/guardians to inform of student's progress, areas of difficulties, and any changes or situations in home life that may affect school performance.
- Actively participating in team meetings when necessary to address specific student and parent concerns.
- Assessing student progress through consistent review of classroom data collection and recording systems.
- Keeping up to date with research-based practices and developments in subject area.
- Responding constructively to formal and informal feedback.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
‖ Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors degree or higher in education or related field.
- Meet state teaching certification and/or licensing requirements.
- Current state ESL endorsement.
- Minimum 1yr prior experience working in an education and/or classroom setting.
- Prior experience working in an alternative education program setting preferred.
- Advanced oral and written communication, instruction, curriculum, conflict resolution, multitasking, problem solving, decision.
- Advanced skills in working with staff and students with diverse needs at various levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of state and/or national content standards.
- Knowledge of relevant technology including experience with instructional technology, computers, Microsoft Office Suite, database entry and basic office equipment.
Ombudsman Educational Services is a division of ChanceLight Education, the nation's leading provider of alternative and special education programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives!
Learn more about our history, our mission and the program services we provide by visiting the links below:
As a member of the ChanceLight family you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to achieve success, and all the tools essential to reaching personal & professional fulfillment!
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!
If you're ready to start changing the direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to create successful, independent futures - this is your Chance!
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children TODAY!
Careers, With ChanceLight Work. With Purpose.