Job DescriptionThe Opportunity
Every member of the Team & Family at KIPP Texas Public Schools plays a critical role in ensuring our students have the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose - college, career and beyond. The ESL Paraprofessional (Title III)
role will help support the academic and linguistic needs of emergent bilingual/ESL students during content-based instruction in STAAR/EOC courses. The ESL Paraprofessional will also have the opportunity to play a significant role connecting with families and facilitating effective learning experiences through collaboration with content-area teachers. The ESL paraprofessional reports to the Dean of Multilingual Education and follows a 10-month calendar. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Work with students in instructional and classroom activities at the direction of the Dean of Multilingual Education
- Assist with direct academic and language designed instructional activities during whole-group and small-group content instruction
- Providing home language tutorial assistance to individual students and help them prepare assignments in their second language
- Functioning as a liaison between classroom teacher and student.
- Assisting in communication between school and parents.
- Participating in professional development activities.
- Assisting with classroom, district, and state-wide ESL assessments.