About This Role:
This position will teach classes (in-person and online) to students in the English Language Program as they acquire the English needed for pursuing a degree at Kansas State University or pursuing their personal and professional goals. The position will also assist with language assessment and participate in grant-funded projects and special programs for external partners as needed. Opportunities for campus engagement projects, curriculum development, and developing innovative programming are available.
Why Join Us:
Join a dedicated and experienced staff of international educators committed to the success of students and program participants. Learn more about the English Language program at https://www.k-state.edu/elp/.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this link for K-State's guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Master's Degree in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) or a closely related field (Applied Linguistics, Language, Literacy, English, Education, etc.) completed or in progress for completion no later than the date of hire
- If degree is in something other than MA TESL, documentation must be provided showing formal education/training in teaching methodology, introduction to linguistics, the structure of English, second language acquisition, intercultural communication, and a practicum experience.
- Experience in teaching ESL
- Experience in working with college/university students or adult learners
- Experience in living / traveling abroad or having a second language
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment
- Experience and training in teaching online
- Experience with teacher professional development activities such as mentoring teachers or teacher trainees, conducting teacher training workshops, or providing direct instruction to pre- or in-service educators
- Grant-writing experience
- Experience coordinating or supporting programming for short-term programming
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Online Application
- Transcripts if Master's degree is in a field other than TESL
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
For best consideration, apply by December 1, 2023.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Nov 08, 2023 Central Standard Time