Assist teacher in preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements. Work under supervision of certified teacher to help instruct bilingual students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; work with bilingual students or small groups.
- Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual bilingual students.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Participate in faculty meetings and special events as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Superintendent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. There may be alternatives to the below qualifications as the Board for Trustees may find appropriate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be fluent in Spanish and English. Associate's degree or 48 hours of college or a "Highly Qualified" Teaching certificate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is grant funded. Annual employment is contingent upon availability of funds.