3700 Galley Rd. Colorado Springs, CO 80909 www.elifenetwork.com
Life Network exists to cultivate a community that values life through the love of Christ EDUCATION FOR A LIFETIME (EFL) Contract Speaker
EFL is looking for a medical professional to assist the department with presenting the STI information as a part of our healthy relationship education program Pursue. This individual will primarily be speaking and presenting the program in high school health classes and maintaining good communication with our department by providing feedback, comments or concerns related to the presentations.
Speaker will be trained in EFL's Pursue curriculum and will be provided with materials for the presentation for each class. Due to the material content, we require a minimum of a bachelor's degree in the medical field such as nursing or equivalent work.
Presenter should have the ability to communicate effectively with youth and adults of socio-economic backgrounds, including "at risk" youth. Likewise, have an awareness of current youth culture and a genuine love for students. It would be highly recommended to have a minimum of two years' experience in public speaking/teaching or working with youth and parent groups.
Presentation times are varied and dependent on school schedules and will require traveling to programmed schools. Advanced notice will be given regarding available scheduled dates, times, and locations, with the understanding of possible changes due to unforeseen scheduling changes with the schools.
Because of the nature of our ministry, and as our ministry is to a non-believing world, it is important that this individual understands our values and beliefs and maintains a standard of conduct compatible with the principles outlined for us in the Bible, and which our Lord Jesus Christ patterned for us while He was here on earth.
By submitting your interest, you agree that you have read and understood these values and beliefs and are in full agreement.
Life Network is a non-profit Christian Ministry with a mission to cultivate a community that values life through the love of Christ. We achieve this by:
- Presenting the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Providing life-affirming alternatives to abortion
- Promoting sexual integrity and healthy decisions
- Empowering parents to be healthy and hopeful
- Giving hope and healing to post-abortive
- Engaging the community to advance life
Our Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the inerrant, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Christ.
Statement on the Sanctity of Human Life
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including unborn babies, the aged, the physically and/or mentally challenged and every other condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life.