- High school diploma or equivalent
- Communicate fluently in English and Spanish
- Ability to effectively work with students, teachers and parents
- Must have reliable transportation
REPORTS TO: ESL/ELL Facilitator/Building Principal
JOB GOALS: Work collaboratively with classroom teachers and other instructional staff to provide effective academic support for ESOL students.
- Work collaboratively with teachers and other instructional staff to assist students with skill deficits in English.
- Communicate with families of ESOL students in English and Spanish, as needed.
- Provide translations and interpretation of school-related information.
- Assist teachers in ensuring ESOL students receive needed support for academic growth in specific skill deficit areas.
- Assist teachers in providing effective supervision to ensure ESOL students remain on-task and engaged in learning activities.
- Utilize available resources and technology to provide instructional support and assessments.
- Keep parents informed of ESOL students' progress and academic growth.
- Adapt quickly and efficiently when different needs arise.
- Follow all school and district policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned as they relate to improving ESOL student achievement.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Length of Contract: As Needed
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Support Staff Personnel.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE* *:
Interested and qualified applicants should submit an online application at** www.pcssd.org . Personnel currently employed by the district who meet the necessary qualifications may apply by submitting an online District application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : Until Filled
IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PULASKI COUNTY SPECIAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, QUALIFIED DISABILITY, OR VETERAN IN ITS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES, EDUCATION SERVICES, FINANCIAL AID, AND EMPLOYMENT. THE DISTRICT WILL MAKE SPECIAL EFFORTS TO EMPLOY AND ADVANCE WOMEN, BLACKS AND DISABLED PERSONS. EQUITY CONCERNS MAY BE ADDRESSED TO THE ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR EQUITY AND PUPIL SERVICES.