Job Title: ESOL - Senior Program Coordinator
PVN ID: LA-2310-005941
Category: Instruction and Social Service
Location: LAGUARDIA C. C.
LaGuardia Community College's Center for Immigrant Education and Training (CIET), housed within the Division of Adult and Continuing Education (ACE), provides non-credit English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) courses and services for English language learner adults. Its mission is to address the literacy and workforce development needs of low-income, immigrant adults and their families through comprehensive programs designed to advance civic and parent engagement, educational achievement, and self-sufficiency.
Reporting to the Director of the Center for Immigrant Education and Training, the primary responsibilities of this position are to:
- Oversee the strategic planning and implementation of project activities designed to support newly arrived and immigrant English language learners.
- Supervise project staff, including ESOL instructors, educational case managers, and administrative assistants.
- Support the design and delivery of high-quality curricula, programming, and language teaching/ learning; identify appropriate instructional materials to share with faculty.
- Manage student recruitment, intake, needs assessment, and program orientation sessions.
- Track data in order to provide continuing and quarterly project evaluation; prepare analytical reports on project deliverables and outcomes attainment for management and sponsors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners and campus offices in order to enhance community outreach, wrap-around support services, and referrals for targeted populations.
- Coordinate and attend professional development, as required.
- Conduct faculty observations and provide feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), or another related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience working with adult English language learners in a related continuing education or community-based environment, including experience with adult education intake, assessment, and retention strategies.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing contextualized ESOL curricula for adult English language learners.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse faculty and staff, and with immigrant English language learners at varied proficiency levels.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; excellent communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work evening hours, as needed.
RFCUNY Benefits RFCUNY Employee Benefits and Accruals
About the Research Foundation
The Research Foundation of The City University of New York (RFCUNY) was established as a not-for-profit educational corporation chartered by the State of New York in 1963. RFCUNY supports CUNY faculty and staff in identifying and obtaining external support (pre-award) from government and private sponsors and is responsible for the administration of all such funded programs (post-award).
RFCUNY stands between CUNY's principal investigators (PIs) and the sponsors who support them and strives to fulfill its essential responsibilities to both groups. Working closely with individual PIs and Grants Officers on the campuses, RFCUNY oversees employment, accounting, audit, reporting, purchasing, and special responsibilities that include management of a planned giving program; liaison with governmental agencies and foundations; negotiation of agreements; facility construction and renovation; protection and commercialization of intellectual property; and compliance with applicable standards in research involving human subjects, animal care, environmental and radiological safety, and conflicts of interest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement The Research Foundation of the City University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities Act/E-Verify Employer. It is the policy of the Research Foundation of CUNY to provide equal employment opportunities free of discrimination based on race, color, age, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, domestic violence victim status, arrest record, criminal conviction history, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Department Center for Immigrant Education & Trainin
Status Full Time
Annual Salary Range $60,000.00 - $65,000.00
Closing Date Dec 26, 2023 (Or Until Filled)
Bargaining Unit No
- Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=LA-2310-005941&title=Careers at RFCUNY)
- + Twitter (http://twitter.com/home?status=Job Openings at RFCUNY+https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=LA-2310-005941)