25630 Job Summary:
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Texas at Arlington invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track position as Assistant Professor in ESL/Bilingual Education (Science/STEM) beginning Fall 2024. The position will focus on bilingual science education and teacher education. Essential Duties:
Successful candidates will:
- Cultivate and maintain a successful program of research and scholarship.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses in both traditional and online formats.
- Actively seek external funding opportunities commensurate with rank.
- Engage in service to the Department, University, Community, and Professional Organizations.
Candidates will also have a demonstrated and ongoing commitment to serving culturally and linguistically diverse students. Required Qualifications:
- An earned doctorate in Bilingual Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Teacher Education, STEM Education, or related discipline (awarded by August 2024).
- Demonstrated potential to engage in high-quality research and grant writing.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in preservice and graduate science teacher education.
- Demonstrated potential to effectively engage and collaborate with various K-12 partners and stakeholders in teacher education..
- K-12 experience teaching science.
- Experience teaching STEM methods courses.
- A documented history of collaboration with PK-12 school partners and EC-6 teaching certification.
- At least 18 graduate-level credits in bilingual/biliteracy education and/or second language teaching and learning.
- Grant writing track record with experience as a principal investigator or co-investigator.
- The ability to teach courses partially in Spanish.
To apply, applicants should go to https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/25630
and submit the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae (required)
- A letter of interest describing your teaching experience and research agenda (required)
- Contact information for three professional references (required)
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be addressed to: Dr. Carla Amaro-Jimenez (firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about UTA, please visit: http://www.uta.edu/uta EEO Statement:
It is the policy of The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA or The University) to provide an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, and/or veteran status. The University also prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender identity, and gender expression. Retaliation against persons who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge of discrimination, or testify for, assist in, or participate in an investigative proceeding relating to discrimination is prohibited. Constitutionally-protected expression will not be considered discrimination or harassment under this policy. It is the responsibility of all departments, employees, and students to ensure the University's compliance with this policy. Open Until Filled: