English and Exams is a dynamic and global community within the British Council, the UK’s international organization for cultural relations. Be part of a unique global teaching team striving to help English language learners achieve their linguistic, study, work, and life goals.
Our teaching centres and online courses build cultural links between the UK and 38 countries around the world, as well as supporting the cultural relations programmes in arts and sciences delivered by the British Council.
- Plan and deliver high-quality English language lessons which meet the needs of different customer groups, taking into account individual learning styles – up to the number of contracted teaching hours
- Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to help manage students’ performance throughout the course, and actively promote learner autonomy and a sense of progress
- Contribute to the development, evaluation, and improvement of English language courses, materials, and related services, to meet students’ needs by actively working as a member of the teaching team
- Complete teaching-related administrative tasks to specified standards
- Actively engage in professional development and performance management to ensure quality and high standards in teaching and learning, and maintain the British Council’s position at the forefront of best ELT practices
- Contribute to the development of lasting, mutually beneficial relationships by enhancing students’ understanding of contemporary UK Assist the teaching center team in delivering excellent customer service and upholding British Council Values and Behaviours
- Ensure safeguarding and guidelines are applied and upheld in line with standards and policy for the following areas:
- Child protection
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Health and safety
- Cambridge CELTA/ Trinity Cert TESOL
- Undergraduate/University degree in any discipline
- High proficiency in English i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user CEFR C2.
- Cambridge DELTA/Trinity Diploma or equivalent
- PGCE/B.Ed. in Primary/Secondary or equivalent
- CELT-YL extension/TYLEC
Contract length: Indefinite
Work schedule (as per operational needs): The center is open 7 days a week. We are looking for hourly-paid teachers to work primarily on Saturdays and/or Sundays.
Performance enablement: Our professional development pathways are organized by professional practice using the British Council’s Continuing Professional Development frameworks for teachers. These frameworks address the skills and knowledge English language professionals need in their day-to-day working lives and throughout their careers. As part of our teaching staff you will:
- Meet regularly with your line manager to discuss your progress
- Attend regular training sessions, including in-person sessions as well as a large range of online training
- Get feedback on your classes from a highly trained team of teacher trainers
- Have access to the British Council library of relevant ESL materials.
Other Allowances: Fares/Travel/Baggage allowance, Relocation/Transfer Allowances-Not applicable for this role
Role Requirement: Proof of Identity requirements/right to work in the country
Local labour requirements specify that only passport holders from countries where English is the official language used in the country specified in the passport are eligible for an ARC. Applicants for hourly-paid positions can have a primary employer which sponsors the ARC and the British Council Taiwan will be the secondary employer. Alternatively, if in need of a work permit British Council could sponsor the applicant as the primary employer if they can meet minimum hour requirements.
Information on open vacancy:
We are looking for Hourly Paid Teachers for Young Learners and Adults in Taiwan. Please express your interest in the role when applying.