Located in the heart of the San Gabriel Valley, the El Monte Union High School District was established in 1901. Its high schools include Arroyo, El Monte, Mountain View, Rosemead, South El Monte and Fernando R. Ledesma High School. EMUHSD also features the El Monte-Rosemead Adult School, one of California's largest and most respected adult programs.The District employs 615 certificated employees and 568 classified employees. The professional staff provides educational programs for over 7,000 students in grades 9 through 12 and 11,000 in adult education.Just minutes from the hub of the Los Angeles Metropolitan Civic Center, with the Pomona, San Bernardino and 605 freeways traversing the areas, the district boasts many comfortable and residential neighborhoods in addition to providing sites for a myriad of business and industrial facilities.The population studies show that approximately 200,000 people reside in our attendance boundaries. The area that the District serves represents a cross-section on interests, professions, and groups. The majority of income for people in this area is broadly grouped into industrial and factory work and retail sales. The families who live in this area include many in the middle to lower income economic groups.The District philosophy of education calls for the school, the home and the community to work cooperatively toward the achievement of its educational goals.The El Monte Union High School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ Disabled/Title IX employer.The El Monte Union High School District provides equal employment opportunities for men and women and does not discriminate in educational programs and activities or in the employment of personnel and the process therein on the basis of any protected class.With a commitment to excellence underlying all goals, the Board of Trustees constantly strives to provide outstanding educational services to the youth and adults of the community.
See attachment on original job posting
- Valid Designated Subjects Adult Ed Teaching Full Time: English as a Second Language Credential or Multiple Subject, Single Subject, or Education Specialist Instruction Credential with full CLAD authorization or Bilingual authorization• Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply
- Valid Designated Subjects Adult Ed Teaching Full Time: English as a Second Language Credential or Multiple Subject, Single Subject, or Education Specialist Instruction Credential with full CLAD authorization or Bilingual authorization • Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply
- Credential Copy (Please attach a copy of your credential authorizing instruction for this position)
- Letter of Introduction (Please address your letter to Robin Torres, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources. Include an explanation of your training and experiences as they relate to the position and explain why you are interested in being considered for this position.)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (Please include three (3) current letters of recommendation/reference. Your letters should be dated within the last three years.)
Comments and Other Information
Applications for this position will only be accepted through Edjoin. Only complete application packets will be reviewed. Please be sure to review the and submission requirements so that your application meets all of the requirements for this position. Once the position closes, all completed applications will be reviewed. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted to schedule an interview. Those not selected for an interview will be notified through the Edjoin email system. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. If you need assistance with the Edjoin system, please contact the Edjoin Hotline number.