Position Title: Adjunct Instructor, English Language Institute
Posting Number: F220173
Inviting applications for Adjunct Instructors to teach credit bearing English as a second language courses in the English Language Institute (https://www.buffalo.edu/english-language-institute.html) at the University at Buffalo.
Credit-bearing courses include online and/or in-person undergraduate student instruction in spoken and written English and graduate student English language training for International Teaching Assistants.
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans for online and/or in-person instruction based on established syllabi and specific international student needs.
- Evaluate student progress and academic achievement through a combination of course projects, papers, exams, and overall student engagement.
- Maintain student records such as grades and attendance.
- Participate in required departmental meetings and professional development events.
- Hold regular office hours for student conferencing.
About Western New York
Western New York is an ideal place to live and work. Buffalo, called "The City of Good Neighbors," offers outstanding public schools and affordable housing. Buffalo is a diverse cultural center with excellent theater, museums and music as well as sports teams. For more information, please see: Buffalo Niagara Region (https://www.buffalo.edu/home/ub\at\a_glance/the-buffalo-niagara-region.html) .
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America's leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo (http://buffalo.edu/) .
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Master's degree in TESOL , Applied Linguistics or related field, or Bachelor's with TESOL certification.
- One year of experience teaching online and/or in person at college or university level.
- Previous experience living, working, and/or studying abroad.
- Conversational or better fluency in a language other than English.
- Working knowledge of course management systems such as Blackboard (UB Learns).
Deadline for Applicants: Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting: 37822