The Department of English at the University of Mannheim (Germany) invites applications for a position as a lecturer in English (German scale E 13 TV-L BW) in part-time employment (75%, 30h/week). The position starts in February 2024, and it is permanent subject to a positive evaluation after 2 years. The teaching load for the position includes alternately seven or eight 90-minute seminar courses in each 14-week semester.
What the job comprises:
- Teaching English language seminars such as academic writing, vocabulary, grammar, and phonetics at CEFR-Levels B2 to C2
- Teaching seminars on area studies in English-speaking cultures
- Designing course and teaching materials
- Preparing, supervising, and marking of exams
- Planning and coordinating of English language courses
- Advising students on language-related issues
What we expect:
- Master degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics or a similar field
- Excellent English language competence (C2)
- Knowledge of German (we expect B2 after 2 years of employment)
- Didactic skills and experience in academic teaching
We offer you an innovative and international environment, with high quality of teaching in interdisciplinary bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and excellent teaching facilities. Be part of a motivated, success-oriented and socially competent team, where you can assume responsibility, have opportunities for personal development and work on a diverse spectrum of exciting and challenging tasks.
The University of Mannheim is an equal-opportunities employer. Preference will be given to applicants with disabilities provided they have the same qualifications. The University of Mannheim strives to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourages qualified women to apply. When applying by email, please be aware that breach of confidentiality and unauthorized access by a third party cannot be excluded for a communication without encryption.
Please send your application with the usual documents (CV, photograph, copies of certificates of university and high-school degrees and further qualifications) by 30. November 2023 at the latest via Email in one PDF document to Dr. Dieter Thoma, University of Mannheim, Department of English, email@example.com.
Link to official job advertisement: https://www.uni-mannheim.de/media/Universitaet/Dokumente/Ausschreibungen_Stellenanzeigen/Stellenausschreibung_Lektor_Englisch_2024.pdf