Reporting directly to the Academic Coordinator, an instructor is responsible for guiding English as a Second Language learners toward gaining knowledge and skills by increasing language proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, writing, and grammar. An instructor is responsible for teaching all classes and levels as assigned; for implementing the Internexus curriculum as interpreted in the Teacher Handbook and other curriculum materials as available. An instructor is to be well-prepared for all classes, is to keep accurate records, i.e., student attendance, grades, and lesson plans; to prepare lessons and to teach in accordance with the Internexus curriculum. An instructor is to be aware of and adhere to all Internexus policies, in the classroom as well as outside of the classroom. Instructors are expected to participate in in-Center activities.
• Bachelor”s degree in Linguistics, TEFL, ESL, or related field from an accredited institution; or a bachelor”s degree from an accredited institution with coursework as shown on a transcript for the areas of language teaching methodology, the nature of language/linguistics (e.g. introduction to linguistics), the structure of English (e.g. syntax, phonology, morphology, discourse), second language acquisition (SLA), intercultural communication (e.g. sociolinguistics, cross cultural studies) and a supervised practicum;
• Master”s degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Language Education or a closely- related field is strongly preferred
• Minimum one year of full-time experience teaching ESL in a post-secondary institution.
• High level of English proficiency (hiring may be contingent upon English proficiency assessment).
• Advanced proficiency in spoken and written academic English.
• Experience with and knowledge of a variety of curriculum approaches and methodologies for teaching English as a Second Language including task-based instruction and English for Academic Purposes is desired
2. Personal Characteristics
Must be service-oriented, have the ability to relate to a wide range of cultural groups.
Must be able to communicate goals and objectives of the program to students and collaborate with other faculty members and staff.
Must be flexible in teaching assignments within the Center setting.
Company website: https://www.antares.edu/