Department: Academic & Student Affairs
Sub department: Academic Initiatives
Campus Location: Morgan City
Type of Appointment: Unclassified - Adjunct
Duties and Responsibilities:
85% - Teaching and Instructional Activities
Preparation of Course Materials-
- Create weekly lesson plans for review based on student data and learning plans.
- Incorporate employability skills and contextualized instruction into weekly lessons in order to promote and encourage students to seek post-secondary education and/or a sustainable career.
- Align lesson plans to English Language Learning standards in accordance with all required policies, procedures and assessments.
- Provide academic differentiated instruction ensuring high quality delivery of
instruction within the classroom.
- Provide instruction to basic, intermediate, and advanced English Language learners in reading, writing, listening, speaking, and civics to transition to postsecondary and/or the workforce. Teach using the flipped classroom model, I-DEA if needed.
- Create a learning environment in which all students are treated equitably and with respect.
- Use formal and informal means of assessment to check for student understanding and mastery of content.
- Display a professional demeanor and use a professional tone and language.
Student Performance Evaluation-
- Correspond with students as needed in a timely manner.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback to students.
15% - Additional Duties
- Responsible for accurately maintaining required student records and attendance.
- Attend and participate in professional development and re-deliver when necessary.
- Clearly communicate pertinent information, policies and procedures to and from the site team per SLCC WRU administration if and when applicable.
- Ensure all incidents are reported to supervisor and are recorded on incident report form along with other required documentation.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work nights.
- Predictable and reliable attendance is required in order to provide consistency and continuity of educational services.
- Willingness to become WRU certified within one year of employment.
- One year teaching experience
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Willingness to become WRU certified within one year of employment.
Teaching license, TESOL certification or Master's Degree.
Experience with online instruction and with Learning Management Systems such as Canvas.
WorkReady U Certification.
Passing pre-employment criminal background and drug screen are required as a condition of employment.
SLCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Louisiana is a Model Employer for People with Disabilities