At Education Management and Networks, we are always looking to strengthen our organization by adding the best available talent to the Team!
We are currently seeking a part-time ESL Coach (English as a Second Language) for our school New Dawn Academy! This role will assist students with individualized instruction in the acquisition of English proficiency. The ESL Coach will work closely with the principal, general education teachers, paraprofessionals, and parents to accomplish student achievement goals!
Who We Are!
At EMAN, our business philosophy is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our dedicated team, with sixty years of experience in education, specializes in providing a comprehensive array of support services for the charter school industry. We work closely with school boards, leadership and staff and have close ties with the State of Michigan, authorizers, other charter school organizations like MAPSA and NCSI.
We believe the most successful schools are those where each child experiences an educational program designed to evoke academic excellence.
- Assists general education teachers in assessing and identifying language proficiency levels to create groups and collaborative plans for student needs.
- Works with students in group settings and individually to improve and enhance language skills.
- Assists in creating and submitting lesson plans in accordance to school guidelines.
- Assesses student progress and provides periodic reporting based on collected data.
- Monitors and provides feedback on adequacy of adopted language resources, while researching additional resources to improve academic proficiencies.
- Communicates the status of student progression to administrators, general education teachers, paraprofessionals, and parents on a regular basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Classroom management
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Conflict resolution
- Presentation skills
- Maintains confidential information
- Must possess an Associate's degree or obtain 90 college credits
- Must have TSOL certification or ESL/ELL credits from an accredited college or university
Why Work for EMAN?
- Work hours are Monday thru Friday, no weekends or Holidays
- EMAN offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision and short-term disability
- 401(k) policy with company match
- Tuition Assistance Program available
- Employee Referral Program
Job Type: Part-Time
- Adult education: 1 year (Preferred)
- TESOL Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One Location.