Antares Denver is part of the Antares/Internexus family of schools. We offer an intensive English school committed to providing a complete English education. We provide students with experiences in academic settings while striving to give students experiences in the social settings that make an English education complete. Our goal is to ensure that our students flourish in not only the important realm of academics, but also to oversee achievement in professional and social skills. Our program is designed to focus on the core of English language as well as culture, customs, and the nuances of interacting in the 21st century.Job Summary
Reporting directly to the Academic Coordinator, instructors are responsible for guiding English-as-a-second-language learners towards increased language proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, writing, vocabulary, and grammar. An instructor is responsible for teaching all classes as assigned.
- Are well-prepared for all classes, implementing the Internexus/Antares curriculum as interpreted in the Teacher Handbook and towards the CEA accreditation guidelines;
- Keep accurate records, i.e., student attendance, grades, and lesson plans;
- Aware of and adhere to all Internexus/Antares policies, in the classroom as well as outside of the classroom,
- Attend instructor meetings, and participate in Living Language Labs and other Center activities
- Required: Bachelor”s degree from an accredited institution with TESL certification
- Preferred: Bachelor”s degree in Linguistics, TEFL, ESL, or related field from an accredited institution;
- Strongly preferred: Master”s degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Language Education or a closely related field.
- Preferred: Two years of ESL or FL teaching experience
- Must be service-oriented, have the ability to relate to a wide range of cultural groups.
- Must be able to communicate goals and objectives of the program to students and collaborate with other faculty members and staff.
- Must be flexible in teaching assignments within the Center setting.
Location: Greater Denver area, CO in-person
Pay: $19-20/hr, based on education and experience
Hours: We need morning and evening teachers for classes that run from *8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; and *4:00 to 8:30 p.m. MT
We will be starting two-day per week classes in January and are looking for teachers who can either teach all day *8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. (with 1 hour lunch) or split the class with another teacher and teach morning or afternoon. Please indicate your preference in your cover letter.
*hours subject to change
Contact: Please send resume or CV, a cover letter, TESL certificate, and references
Company website: https://www.antares.edu/