If an interview is requested, a member of our Administrative team will contact you.Sugar Creek Charter School Teaching StaffSCHOOL OVERVIEW
Sugar Creek Charter Schools is proud to employ a dedicated, passionate team of leaders and role models to shape the lives of our young students.
Sugar Creek's vision is to serve as many children as possible and to work with them in their formative years so that they become well-educated and productive citizens as adults.
Moreover, we believe that Sugar Creek is uniquely situated to teach and prepare all of our students for their future. We do so with a high degree of commitment and enthusiasm.
Our Mission is to eradicate generational poverty in the lives of our students by providing a rigorous education from kindergarten through 12th grade through academic preparation, college and career readiness, and life skills for success.TEACHING EXPECTATIONS:
- Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities, and achievements of the individual students that is consistent with & integrating the school's mission.
- Instruct students using a variety of effective teaching strategies such as gradual release, scaffolding, differentiation, and small group instruction.
- Use assessment data to provide real-time, regular, and consistent feedback during classroom instruction.
- Communicating, consulting, and cooperating with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students.
- Communicate effectively and build positive relationships with students, parents, staff members, and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning.
- Nurturing a culture where teachers view themselves essentially as facilitators of learning and reflective practitioners.
- Excited about teaching and learning through with a desire to be coached for self-reflecting and coachable practices.
- Remaining coachable and seeking feedback for effective teaching and learning practices.
SUGGESTED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Ensuring the safety of students, at all times, through consistent supervision by following and implementing the school-wide behavior plan.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Teaching Certification in Curriculum-Specific Area
- Preference for Previous Teaching Experience