Are you a current Aims Employee, Temp, or Student? If so, to help avoid future access issues, please apply through your Workday account.
Please close this window and log into your Workday account to apply by using the "Career" application icon on your Workday Home screen. Below are the instructions for applying depending on your role with the College:
- If you are a current Employee (non-Student position) or Temporary Employee (paid by someone other than Aims, but have access to Workday), please use "Find Jobs"
- If you are a current Student , please use "Find Student Jobs"
- If you are both a current Employee and a current Student please use "Find Jobs"
- If you are a current Student and previous employee use "Find Student Jobs"
- If you have any questions about applying or ensuring you applied correctly please call 970-378-3720 or come by and see us in Cornerstone building Suite 111
Minimum Hourly Rate:
Part-time employees also receive some benefits depending on the number of hours worked.
- Tuition waiver for employee on Aims courses
- Access to the PERC (Aims gym) for employee & one guest
- Aims Discount program
- Free parking on all campuses
- PERA employer (see www.copera.org for comprehensive benefits)
- Additional supplemental benefits & retirement programs available
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The position is responsible for providing ELL instruction on a course-by-course basis. Students in the ELL program come from a variety of backgrounds and have different English language learning needs. Students are divided into classes based on their level of English communicative ability and/or their progress through the ELL program.
- Teach in-person adult ELL classes at the Greeley, Loveland, Fort Lupton campuses, as well as any of our outreach locations
- Abide by program policies, procedures, and curriculum
- Participate in meetings and other events as required
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience teaching ELL for a minimum of one year. Student teaching and volunteer teaching experience will be considered
- Experience working with a diverse student population
- Training in teaching ELL
- Proven experience in delivery of high quality instruction to limited literacy and language populations
- Master's Degree in ELL or a related field OR a Master's Degree and relevant experience
- Current enrollment in a postgraduate degree program
- Completion of a TESOL certificate program
- Teaching experience in Adult or Vocational ELL
Copy of Transcripts
- Compare your previous work experience to the job duties listed on the job positing under job description. Enter the job duties you have preformed under the "Work Experience" section on your job application. We evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Please make sure you state whether work experience (aka work history) is part time or full time employment by listing the average number of hours worked per week. This information is used to determine your new annual salary.
- Be sure to upload all the required documents listed at the above in "Additional Job Description" section. This can be uploaded as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section. If there are missing documents, your incomplete application will not be considered.
Diversity Statement Instructions
Aims Community College recognizes and celebrates diversity within our students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to equity and inclusion to improve the learning experiences of all students and the working conditions of all employees.
- In your diversity statement, please provide your interpretation of what it means to serve a diverse community and work in an inclusive environment.
- Please include specific examples for how your background, education, and/or professional experience have prepared you to fulfill those responsibilities in this position.
- As you consider what to put in your statement, please note Aims Community College is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, or any other protected class.
Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, or veteran's status. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted and become the property of Aims Community College. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews. The goal of Aims Community College is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired, you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
In order to be considered please provide a thorough and complete application.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Employees in these positions may be asked to participate in temporary assignments lasting less than 6 months (such as curriculum development, short term projects, meetings and substitute duties) which could amount to additional temporary pay.
Upon hire, all positions at Aims Community College require a criminal background check, and may require industry specific screenings such as an MVR, physical and/or drug screen. Keep in mind, a conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being employed. The nature of a conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources at 970-378-3720.