Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Coordinates and implements accurate billing of claims and compliance functions at multiple locations. Acts as a liaison with clinical staff, support staff, and patients. Coordinates patient account staff accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Coordinates all Durable Medical Equipment/Orthotics billing activities for the department in terms of collecting and processing patient demographic and insurance documentation, obtaining accurate clinical documentation and authorization required by individual insurance companies, and efficient billing practices to ensure that claims are accurate and timely.
- Coordinates monthly Durable Medical Equipment/Orthotic A/R reports to identify billing problems. Investigates and resolves issues related to billing.
- Coordinates training and education of Account Specialists and other billing support staff to ensure that all duties can be completed accurately and timely.
- Coordinates timely collection of physician prescriptions and medical documentation for billing purposes.
- Coordinates counseling to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and obtain credit agreements for outstanding balances. Apply payments and adjustments to patient accounts, process deposits and maintain accurate records of all cash received in a timely manner and in accordance with PH and PH policy.
- Maintains accurate and complete patient files, ensuring that they are in compliance with Prisma Health policies. HIPAA guidelines, JCAHO requirements, governmental requirements, and any other pertinent regulatory organization requirements.
- Reports Time and Attendance employee hours to Payroll Department as needed.
his is a non-management job that report to a supervisor, manager, director or executive.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent, Healthcare related certification preferred
Experience - 3 years Durable Medical Equipment/Orthotic billing, and Accounts Receivable processes and procedures specific to Orthotics & DME
In Lieu Of The Minimum Requirements Listed Above
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of office equipment
- Proficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database)
- Data entry
- Mathematical skills
Day (United States of America)
Equipped For Life
4003 Equipped For Life
40037403 Equipped For Life DME-Upstate
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.