ESL Teacher, Internexus Intensive English School
Pay: $18-20/hr, based on education and experience
Hours: We need morning and evening teachers for classes that run from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.; and 6:00 to 10:30 p.m. ET
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Academic Coordinator, instructors are responsible for guiding English-as-a-second-language learners towards increased language proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, writing, vocabulary, and grammar. An instructor is responsible for teaching all classes as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor”s degree from an accredited institution with TESL certification
- Preferred: Bachelor”s degree in Linguistics, TEFL, ESL, or related field from an accredited institution;
- Strongly preferred: Master”s degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, Language Education or a closely related field.
- Minimum: Supervised practicum in an education program
- Preferred: Two years of ESL or FL teaching experience
- Personal Characteristics
- Must be service-oriented, have the ability to relate to a wide range of cultural groups.
- Must be able to communicate goals and objectives of the program to students and collaborate with other faculty members and staff.
- Must be flexible in teaching assignments within the Center setting.
Contact: Please send resumes and references to Adele Tyson: firstname.lastname@example.org