Wilkes University seeks part-time, hourly adjunct instructors to teach English as a second language in the University's English Language Center. Instructors will play a vital role in enhancing the English language proficiency of our diverse student population. This position offers an opportunity to work with motivated learners in a collaborative and supportive environment, across our various programming, including teaching English for Occupational Purposes.Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct engaging ESL language classes in reading, writing, listening/speaking, grammar, ELTS prep, and English for Specific Purposes courses, for students at various proficiency levels.
- Develop and implement effective lesson plans and materials tailored to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Assess student progress through assignments, quizzes, and exams.
- Provide constructive feedback and support to help students achieve their language learning goals.
- Collaborate with fellow instructors and center staff to enhance the overall learning experience.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to stay current with best practices in language instruction.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Master's degree in English, TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or a related field, or PA ESL Program Specialist Certification.
- REQUIRED- Previous experience teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) or English as a Foreign Language (EFL).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive and welcoming learning environment.
To apply, visit https://wilkesuniversitycareers.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Please be sure to include a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae and three references.
- This is a part-time hourly position, with hours ranging from 1 to 5 per day, between 8am and 3:30pm, Monday through Friday, staring January 17, 2024.
- Hourly compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Wilkes University is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The University strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds. Wilkes University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information. Job Posted by ApplicantPro