Are you looking for a collaborative teaching environment with low student-teacher ratios and the ability to make a significant impact on student outcomes?
Do you want to join a multi-disciplinary team with a strengths-based approach, emphasizing applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining the Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Team!
Salary Range: $56,000-$66,000/yr.
The Bilingual General Education Teacher will be under the supervision of the Program Director. This position will plan and implement therapeutic instructional programs and provide students with the emotional and/or behavioral support to meet their individual educational needs. Our classroom structure is designed to match students' needs. Our classroom size range is from 1-12 students with a 4:1 student-to-staff ratio, including 2-3 direct care professional staff members in the classroom for additional support. Teachers will be responsible for initial and progress monitoring assessments on a 30-day evaluation period. Youth's length of stay in the therapeutic ORR RTC is anywhere between 2-9 months in duration. Through an interdisciplinary approach, an individual plan is designed for each student.
Devereux provides extremely high-quality, trauma-informed, culturally-competent residential and educational services for children, with intense supports for their social and emotional health. Devereux's ultimate goal is to ensure every child receives best-in-class services designed specifically to address the traumas they have sustained during, and often before, their migration journey as well as to help them connect either to shelter or foster care, or to their sponsor.
What Devereux Will Offer You:
- ASCEND - the first career accelerator program exclusively designed to give behavioral healthcare workers - the career guidance, one-on-one coaching, skills and financial assistance you need to reach your full potential. This program includes 100% of tuition covered (up to $15k annually for undergraduate and $25k annually for graduate) and student loan repayment, among other benefits!
- We offer generous time off based on accrual and years of service. Employees with up to 2 years of service are eligible to accrue up to 24 days per TOB year (days increase with years of service). In addition, our direct care employees can elect to "sell" a portion of their TOB to receive enhanced salary.
- Our employees can accrue up to 64 HML hours per year, starting on the first day of employment. In addition, employees can carry over any unused HML hours and double anything unused over 40 hours to build a bank of health medical leave.
- A Servant Leadership culture, where employees feel welcomed, valued and empowered to voice ideas that will benefit the individuals and families we serve.
- Multi-disciplinary team setting with a strengths-based approach, emphasizing applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports.
- Best available, highest quality, low-cost benefit options - learn more at benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: Teacher, Spanish speaking, SPED, school, education, middle school, elementary, high school, teaching, day school, private school, alternative school, bilingual, Spanish, ESL, TESOL
- Bachelor's degree in Education or relevant field required, Master's degree preferred.
- Must have work experience in a multi-grade setting and meet Arizona licensing/certification requirements for teaching.
- Teaching English as a Second Language/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages certification or other appropriate accrediting body.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Must be empathetic and have a team approach to care for our individuals.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fully immunized/vaccinated (or have a medical/religious exemption) for Varicella, MMR, TdAp, Influenza & COVID-19 prior to starting.
- Must be 21 years of age or older (per licensing standards)
- Valid Arizona Driver's License & pass DMV 39-month history check
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card with no restrictions (or eligibility to obtain with no restrictions)
- Pre-employment Physical and Job Demand Assessment (if applicable)
- Drug test within 24hrs of offer w/ negative results
- Ability to attend full time, paid, New Hire Orientation Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate's understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children
Devereux has a zero-tolerance policy for abuse and maintains policies and procedures to systematically reduce the risk of abuse to occur in our organization. Devereux fosters a culture of reporting abuse, and will cooperate with the authorities to the fullest extent possible.
Posted Date 4 days ago (9/21/2023 5:56 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-32869
Position Type Full-Time
The employment policies of Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement - including upgrading, promotion and transfer - consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.