ESL Program Assistant (Temporary & Hourly)
Location: San Jose City College
Department: ESL Lab
Hourly Pay rate: $24.30
Work Week for the Fall 2023- Monday thru Friday from 9:00 AM -3:30 PM with a 30 min lunch from 12:00-12:30 PM. Sept2mber 2023 to December 20, 2023
Under the direction of an assigned administrator, performs a wide variety of program-related clerical, operational, and service activities related to programs serving a targeted population, where the identification of students and/or eligibility for program and the verification of continued eligibility are necessary. General supervision is provided by supervisory or management personnel. Functional direction may be provided by academic personnel.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in developing, monitoring, coordinating, and improving a specialized college, grant or categorically funded program providing supportive services.
2. Provide liaison support for students with faculty, staff, and mentors relative to program functions, goals and objectives.
3. Provide information and assistance to students and potential students regarding program requirements and services. Assist with the intake process.
4. Make recommendations on the eligibility or continued participation of students in the program, using prescribed regulations or requirements, as necessary.
5. Assist students with various college and outside agency procedures such as registration, completion of forms and documents, and identification of mentors.
6. Provide students with specific program resources such as mentors, interpreters, and tutors. Coordinate services with and refer students to other college staff, programs and to community mentors or support agencies.
7. Maintain program accounts and perform regular bookkeeping activities pertaining to the financial reporting and documenting of assigned program. Assist in developing and monitoring the program budget and expenditures.
9. Collect, compile, and assemble statistical data on program activities and participation from a variety of sources for completion of forms, the preparation of various files, and activity statistics. Identify and resolve discrepancies.
10. Prepare and maintain students' confidential records and files; compose and type correspondence, memoranda and statistical materials; assist in preparing reports and budgetary estimates; answer phones.
11. Assist in the development and dissemination of relevant program publicity.
12. Maintain a master calendar for program staff and make appropriate travel and meeting arrangements.
13. May oversee the work of student workers and program tutors.
14. Assist in the recruiting and orientation of mentors.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned