We Are Futures is a Brand and Social Impact agency that believes the future of business depends on how well it understands and connects with young people. We're in the top 5 for UK agency growth. We're a unique mix of passionate experts offering brand consulting, creative and activation solutions with a unifying goal - to deliver greater brand and social impacts for our clients and young people. Building brilliant futures for all. We help clients connect with young people by providing a total approach - from insight and deep strategic thinking, through to brilliant idea creation and activation at scale, which we call Consult - Create - Impact. Our audience networks deliver unparalleled reach and insight into the world as young people see and experience it. They power our belief in collaboration and co-creation. We work with young people, teachers, parents, communities and employees to create impactful ideas, content and experiences
We seek a creative, passionate and curious Strategist who believes that companies have an important role to play in building a fairer, healthier, happier and thriving world for young people. They ideally should have experience of both the education and commercial sector and experience of shaping and developing strategies that impact young people, teachers and education. We recognise that this skill set is rare and are open to meet candidates who have a strong foundational base in education and a variety of experience in strategy and the commercial space.
Using your extensive knowledge of the education landscape, you will help to drive forward client objectives and identify opportunities for them to effectively engage with young people through schools, directly and other channels.
You will have in-depth understanding of the content approaches that build engagement with young people. This will include an understanding of how content can be shaped to work in both in formal (schools) and informal learning settings and beyond.
In return you'll get full support from our inter-disciplined strategy team and plenty of development opportunities to build your understanding of brands, business and strategy.
This role demands a solid grounding in education and is perfect for an education professional who has left teaching and has extended their impact beyond the classroom, either in a professional content creation role, or by using your knowledge in a commercial /charity sector in a strategic capacity.
For this role specifically, we'd love to hear from those who have experience in STEM education or have a STEM teaching background to help drive the quality of our STEM work, but this is not a pre-requisite for this role. We're also keen to hear from those with a background in primary education, but again this is not a pre-requisite.
As a strategist you will specialise in learning & skills and play a key role in shaping the direction of programmes reaching teachers and young people across the UK.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategic oversight of client campaigns:
- Partnering with internal teams to develop brilliant ideas, executional innovation and compelling storytelling.
- Identifying opportunities for growth of the client portfolio to better engage young people at scale.
- Keeping up to date with and sharing the latest developments in Learning and Education, driving credibility and quality across the agency
- Utilising your understanding of the target audiences (young people, teachers and families) and how to attract their attention, applying the learnings to the campaign / programme.
- Presenting strategies to clients and being the expert in the room in client meetings where required.
Specific strategic projects:
- Carrying out landscape reviews of the education / young people space and recommending opportunity areas to match with client objectives.
- Working in partnership with internal teams to provide recommendations and strategic propositions for programmes matching the needs of key audiences including teachers and young people.
- Working closely with Client Service Teams to plan messaging that meets client objectives and appeals to the target audience of teachers and young people.
- Brief and work with writers of a range of specialisms in education and beyond to bring your strategy to life through engaging content.
Supporting new business:
- Working with the New Business and Marketing teams to support new business proposals and outreach through knowledge of the Learning & Development sector.
- Supporting Client Teams when responding to tenders and pitching for new projects.
- Being the expert in the room in pitches where required.
- A love for problem solving, with an eye for detail.
- A big-picture thinker who can create solutions that work at scale and with ease.
- Experience of designing and writing professional education programmes and resources beyond the classroom.
- A qualified teacher (QTS, PGCE or equivalent) with at least 2-3 years teaching in UK schools (not TEFL).
- Up-to-date knowledge of the issues that matter to young people and their families.
- Experience running extra-curricular programmes and/or activities for young people that go beyond formal education.
- Awareness of language/vocabulary used by teachers in different phases (EY, KS1, 2, 3, 4).
- Understanding of the changing school landscape and the needs/pain-points for teachers.
- Ability to inject insights and develop creative solutions for young people inside and outside of education.
- Experience developing content strategies and content in commercial organisations.
- Experience working with commercial clients to communicate brand purpose/strategy through the work you have developed.
- Awareness and experience of using different EdTech platforms / creation of multimedia resources.
- An interest in marketing, brand and social impact programmes.
25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays1 volunteering day per year£400 health expenses per year£150 working from home allowance£100 birthday meal with friends and familyCycle SchemeTravel LoanHybrid WorkingAccess to an Employee Assistance Programme to support your wellbeingJoin a future-focused, high-achieving and fun teamBe part of an award-winning, growing and impactful agencyGain fantastic experience working with well-known clients and partnersBe flexible with your working hoursShow us your best self at our Monthly Socials, we've organised bake-offs, yoga sessions, theatre trips and tie-dye workshops! #J-18808-Ljbffr