The Minnesota English Language Program (MELP) in the College of Continuing and Professional Studies (CCAPS) at the University of Minnesota is seeking to create a pool of qualified instructors for part-time, adjunct Teaching Specialist positions for various terms for the 2023-24 academic year. Adjunct instructors will be hired on a per term basis based on program needs. These are temporary, non-tenured positions paid on a per course basis.
Adjunct Teaching Specialists will be responsible for teaching courses in the Intensive English Program, Academic English Program, or a Short-Term Program. Position duties include planning and teaching one or more ESL courses; attending staff meetings and orientation; collaborating with other teachers in the program on curriculum development; and student assessment and other program duties as assigned.
Work for a phenomenal team and College that”s student and staff-centered!
The search committee will review applications as program needs arise throughout the year. Candidates will only be contacted when there is a course available. Required
- Demonstrative skill & commitment to DEI
- MA in TESOL or a closely related field in hand by time of appointment
- At least one semester of ESL teaching at the college or university level
- Evidence of an excellent teaching record
- Superior communication skills in English
- Significant experience teaching ESL at the college or university level
- Successful completion of an ESL practicum course (with documentation)
- Experience mentoring new ESL teachers in one”s own classroom
- Experience teaching diverse groups of students in a variety of settings
- Experience integrating technology into language teaching
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well on a team
- Experience and interest in curriculum development
- Evidence of continuing professional activity