Maire Elementary School
Grosse Pointe Public Schools  Additional Information: Show/Hide
Travel beween schools may be required to support other elementary buildings.
As an EdTech Media Paraprofessional, you will provide crucial support in the library/media center and technology/assessment areas. Your primary responsibilities will be divided into two main categories: Technology Support and Library Support. You will play a vital role in assisting teachers, staff, and students with their technological and library-related needs.
- Assist teachers, staff, and students in using computers, software, and various technology devices.
- Stay updated on new digital content within the district.
- Coordinate scheduling of technology use and ensure availability of resources.
- Assist with digital testing (e.g. local and state assessments)
- Set up audio/video equipment for events and professional development sessions.
- Assist in the operation of the school media center, including shelving, inventory, circulation, and inter-loan requests.
- Create library cards and update student information in the circulation system.
- Help students and staff locate and use library materials and equipment.
- Contribute to the design of library learning materials and programs.
- Process print materials for library collection and assist teachers with instructional materials.
- Provide general library clerical/secretarial support.
- Maintain inventory of library supplies and compile overdue records.
Other duties as assigned:
Support additional tasks and responsibilities as designated by the school administration.
- An Associate's Degree or higher, or Workkey's Proficiency Certificate for Teacher's Assistants/Paraprofessionals.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and students, while also being capable of working independently.
- Familiarity with computers, office equipment, and various audio/visual equipment.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the role of the elementary library media center in the development of reading and learning.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology using Google tools, Windows, and Tablets/Apps.
- If you are passionate about supporting educational technology, empowering students and teachers, and promoting a vibrant library/media center, we invite you to apply for the position of EdTech Media Paraprofessional.
$16.24-$19.60/hr; full time-school year position - Travel beween schools may be required to support other elementary buildings.
Interested candidates should complete the online application and attach cover letter and resume. Members of GPESPA/MEA should email a letter of intent to: Nicole Pilgrim, Human Resources Director, Pilgrin@gpschools.org. Please include ID #3691 in the subject line.
The successful candidate must meet the State standard for a clear criminal history and provide mandated fingerprint clearance.