The Center for English Language Studies seeks a reliable and motivated student to handle a variety of tasks involved in the day-to-day operations of a busy, fast-paced office. Candidates who can commit to working for at least 18 months or more are strongly preferred. Excellent writing skills are essential.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter that explains your interest in this specific position, your qualifications and the hours you are available to work.
- Please include your availability in your cover letter
Candidates who are available to work from June 1 are preferred
The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
- 15-20 hours per week in the summer semester
- 15 to 20 hours per week during the fall-spring semesters and more during vacation periods, as available
- Answering email inquiries, providing excellent customer service to students, staff & faculty
- Working closely with other university offices to troubleshoot student issues
- Maintaining and updating electronic files and databases
- Creating digital flyers and bi-weekly newsletter
- Drafting and Scheduling regular communications to students in ESL+Certificate and Certificate in TESOL programs
- Updating program websites and Google Sites
- Assisting with department events, including set up and clean up when on site
- Other duties as assigned
Hybrid/Split - Employees hired for this position have regularly scheduled, consistent percentage of time on campus (ex 1-4x/week) and also work some of the time remotely.
$17 - $19 per hour