RESOURCE TEACHER: NAVAJO (SHORT-TERM)
JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING NUMBER: 00055437
SCHOOL YEAR: 2023-2024
POSTING NUMBER: 00055437
LOCATION: 060:INDIAN EDUCATION
POSITION TITLE: RESOURCE TEACHER: NAVAJO (SHORT-TERM)
To provide direct instructional support to teachers who are providing instruction to students in Indigenous Language bilingual programs.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Provides demonstration lessons for Native American Language Arts and/or ELD teachers as appropriate.
- Provides assistance to school staffs in the development, implementation and assessment of Indigenous language bilingual language curriculum and delivery.
- Serves on district committees and task forces as designated by the supervisor.
- Assists teachers in identified programs with language acquisitions strategies and development of instruction that is based on traditional tribal values, life-ways and principles, while also incorporating current best practices and technologies.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of indigenous education programs in theory and practice
- Knowledge of language development in relation to Indigenous students and communities
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of: second language acquisition, educational foundations, assessment, instructional planning, curriculum, materials and school-community relations.
- Knowledge of bilingual literacy development.
- Knowledge of district policies on immunization, medication, first aid, child abuse/neglect and substance abuse.
- Master's degree in bilingual education or related field preferred.
- NM Native American Language and Culture (NALC) certificate
- Valid New Mexico Teacher's license
- TESOL endorsement
- Three years working with predominantly Native American students in an elementary or secondary school setting
Contact: Philip Farson at 505.884.6392 ex80039 / email@example.com
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application. In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
SALARY: A Schedule
START DATE: 07/31/2023