2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR
Bridgeport Public Schools
Human Resources Department
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 310
Bridgeport, CT 06604
ESL DAYTIME TEACHER
Adult Education Department
Part-Time Position / 16 Hours per week
- Connecticut State Certified teacher with 111 TESOL and 088 Non-English-Speaking Adults Endorsement
- Strong computer/technology skills
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Design lessons that provide opportunities for problem-solving, creativity, and communication skills in relation to authentic, real-world problems.
- Plan learning activities that differentiate instruction and address individual differences among students
- Monitor and evaluate students' progress in relation to standardized assessments, state standards, and other planned goals and objectives.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interest, and abilities of adult learners.
- Work as a team member to assist students in meeting academic goals.
This is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, responsibilities, and qualifications that comprise this position.
HOURLY PAY: $45.00/hr.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport Public Schools' AppliTrack system:
"Bridgeport Public Schools is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer."