Two positions have been declared open in the Weber School District at Adult Education Alt High School for Administrative Assistant ESL.
This position is for 8 hours per day, 9 months per year.
Applicants may apply on wsd.tedk12.com. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled. Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
THESE POSITIONS WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED, AFTER A MINIMUM OF 5 WORKING DAYS.
These are grant-funded position and is dependent on grant funding.
The job of Administrative Assistant ESL-High School was established for the purpose/s of responding to inquiries from staff, the public, parents, students, etc. to provide requested information and/or referral to other parties; ensuring substitutes are assigned and preparing documentation for substitutes; and providing general clerical support as may be requested.
• Answers main school office telephone lines for the purpose of screening calls, transferring calls, responding to inquiries and/or taking messages.
- Coordinates assigned activities and/or projects (e.g. arranging for substitutes, creating grad lists, submitting substitute and extra activity payroll, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with district financial, legal and/or administrative requirements. Directs student
- workers and volunteers for the purpose of guiding and monitoring work activities.
- Distributes a variety of items within the office and school site (e.g. mail, supplies, messages, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating materials to appropriate parties.
- Greets public, parents, students, vendors, etc. for the purpose of responding to their inquiries and/or escorting/directing them to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains a variety of records (manual and computerized) (e.g. discipline files, substitute files, daily attendance, graduation orders, office supplies, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reference and/or conveying information.
- Performs general and project specific clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, mailings, etc.) for the purpose of supporting site activities with necessary materials.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. logs, reports, memos, notes, email, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing reference and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries of staff, the public, parents and/or students for the purpose of resolving inquiry and/or providing referral information.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
- operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: business telephone etiquette; common office machines; and office methods and practices.
Experience: Job related experience is desired. Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
WEBER SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER