Program Description/Position Summary:
Catholic Charities Archdiocese of New Orleans (CCANO) has been offering English as a Second Language (ESL) classes for over 15 years. The Transition Coordinator is responsible for supervising ESL Program enrollment, tracking data and progress, coordinating testing operations, and for maintaining communication with staff, students, and volunteers. The position involves ongoing participation in monitoring and evaluation of program outcomes, including designing and administering surveys and other feedback mechanisms. Classes are currently online, but the position will involve regular travel to sites in Greater New Orleans area once in-person classes resume. The Transition Coordinator reports directly to the ESL Program Manager.Essential Job Responsibilities May Include but are Not Limited to:
- Manage schedules; filing deadlines and document collection; organize, maintain, and update students' files in software;
- Develop and manage relationships with partner agencies and community-based organizations in order to make proper referrals;
- Ensure that program staff are compliant with grant and agency policies and procedures;
- Administer and keep records of CASAS pre- and post-tests to measure and assess ESL literacy gains;
- Assist in developing clear and streamlined testing protocols.
- Manage implementation of CASAS test preparation with teachers and clients;
- Maintain communication with clients, volunteers, and staff
- Maintain thorough records of progress and outcomes;
- Supervise interns and volunteers in data entry and management;
- Design and conduct surveys and focus groups with students and volunteers to improve program accessibility and outcomes;
- Participate in ongoing monitoring and evaluation of program;
- Subsitute for ESL Site Facilitators when necessary;
- Assist with special projects and other tasks, as necessary.
- Available to work evenings (most classes run 6:00 to 8:30 PM) and occasional weekends;
- Professional proficiency in Spanish and English (written and oral) required. Proficiency in Portuguese, Arabic, Farsi, French or other languages valued;
- BS/BA required;
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in ESL/adult education
- Experience with CASAS eTests a plus or must be willing to learn the database/software;
- Creative, committed, flexible, team player attitude, energetic, willingness to accept the challenges of the challenging and rewarding workload
- Ability to establish, build, and sustain rapport/trust with immigrant communities as well as effective work relationships;
- Database and Microsoft office proficiency and ability to learn new databases and digital skills required;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and maintain professionalism and confidentiality;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail for a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Access to reliable personal transportation required.
Full TimeApplication Deadline: