District English Language Coach Work Unit:
Multicultural Education- BF Young Reports To:
Multicultural Director Contract Length:
10 months Pay Schedule:
Teacher Overtime Status:
8 hours per day Union Status:
Teacher, Level III Note: All positions with Santa Fe Public Schools require a post-offer/pre-employment background check. Some positions have additional requirements as established by federal or state rules and regulations.
To supplement services to English language learners, K-12, by providing instructional support and professional development to teachers in differentiated content instruction for ELs, curriculum, and assessment.
Minimum: Master's Degree. Level III Teaching License Required. Bilingual and TESOL Endorsements.
Preferred: Bilingual: English-Spanish. Minimum 5 years of experience in Bilingual/EL Education Preferred. Minimum 3 years of experience in a Leadership Role. Experience delivering professional development support to teachers and school site personnel
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of NM English language development standards
- Thorough knowledge of current second language acquisition theory and pedagogy
- Thorough knowledge of instructional shifts necessary for Common Core implementation
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with teachers, administrators, and staff
- Experience providing professional development and instructional support to teachers
- Experience with standards based assessments, WIDA ACCESS for ELs
- Experience providing professional development in sheltering instruction for ELs and instructional support to teachers
- Strong computer skills, EXCEL, Word, and district data systems
- Strong writing skills and oral presentation skills needed
- Ability to flex work schedule to meet required state timelines
Essential Job Functions:
Performs all functions in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the organization. Current essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide EL program support to school-based leadership for the improvement of instructional practice and student achievement by investing in job-embedded professional learning, expecting high quality performance and program accountability.
- Facilitate teacher learning.
- Work individually and with small groups of teachers to improve professional practice through coaching, planning and reflection.
- Provide high levels of expertise in core content, pedagogy and differentiated instruction.
- Provide support for teachers on the collection, analysis and use of student assessment data to guide instructional planning for teachers and/or grade level or department teams.
- Provide direction and professional development to increase teacher capacity and to improve student outcomes by focusing on support for teachers, collaboration and the school and system plan for instructional improvement.
- Collect data to demonstrate results and create department reports for review by Director before dissemination.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Salary Range and Benefits:
$70,000+ Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available to full and part-time employees that work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
Standard office equipment and software platforms such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Google Suite. Telephone, fax, copier, computer, stamp machine, badge machine, calculator.
The work is primarily performed in an office or school setting. It requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing. The work requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations. At times bending, squatting, reaching and the ability to lift, carry, push up to 25 pounds. Frequent trips by automobile to school sites and departments is required.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) and extensive personal computer and phone usage. Some sitting, standing, bending and reaching may be required. Some occasional travel is required for meetings and conferences.
- Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality.
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness.
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time.
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment.
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/ special application.
- Protects the district's resources through appropriate and careful use of supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of muscle strain/injury.
Santa Fe Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, medical/genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.