$13.00 - $18.00 hourly depending on degree held.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Part-Time Temporary Adult Basic Education Instructor: ESL, Basic Reading, HSE, Citizenship or Basic Computer Literacy or other Work Based Skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess students' educational levels through the administration of standardized pre-and post-test assessments every semester and their educational needs and goals.
- Teach practical communication and academic skills according to students' abilities.
- Serve as a facilitator of student learning by becoming familiar with the variety of texts, workbooks and resources available for use in the class, and developing the teaching methods of adult education.
- Provide students with variety of appropriate experiences through the application of various teaching techniques.
- Pre-assess the student's level of skill ability (informally) and teach accordingly.
- Develop an understanding of adult learners' needs, the ABE program and its mission.
- Maintain and submit monthly attendance and follow-up reports, timesheets, student enrollment and registration forms and end-of-semester progress reports.
- Assist in student recruitment and retention; promote Clovis Community College to make students aware of the additional courses and services offered in the Center for Student Success.
- Attend mandatory teacher In-Service trainings.
As an EEO employer, Clovis Community College will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, serious medical condition or status as a protected veteran or spousal affiliation. Clovis Community College hires only U.S. citizens and individuals lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.