Position: Sales Enrollment Coordinator
Reports to: Global Education Advisor
Department: Global Navigator Programs, High School Summer Abroad
Location: Washington or Oregon
Salary: $42,000-$67,500 annual salary (On target earnings, inclusive of eligible incentive pay)
Who we are:
CIEE is a non-profit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization that transforms lives and builds bridges between individuals and nations through study abroad and international exchange experiences that help people develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world.
Why work with us:
- You will change the world. CIEE builds bridges between different people, different countries, and different cultures. We help young people participate in high-quality international exchange and study abroad programs that bring the world together. We change lives, our alumni change the world. Be part of the change!
- You will receive a competitive total rewards package (only applicable for U.S. employees). CIEE provides all employees with exceptional benefits offerings that increase total compensation by up to 25%. Our top-tier benefits include:
- Paid time off and Parental leave
- Gym Reimbursement Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- 6 floating Fridays (based on our eligibility rules)
- CIEE Study Abroad and TEFL Program discounts
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer contribution
- Insurance Coverage (life, travel, medical, dental and vision)
- Flexible Spending Accounts/Health Savings Account (medical and dependent)
- Voluntary Benefits (identity theft protection, pet insurance, accident, and critical illness)
- You will be part of a fast-paced, international, diverse, and collaborative team of professionals. CIEE operates the largest nonprofit network of study-abroad locations, with facilities and staff in 26 countries. Additionally, we help international participants from over 130 countries come to the USA each year. Committed to excellence and solving whatever problem the world throws at them, CIEE professionals work on international teams, and are dedicated to advancing our 75-year-old mission to make the world a more peaceful place.
Who you are:
The Sales Enrollment Coordinator, High School Summer Abroad is responsible for proactively moving applications through every stage of the application and pre-departure process, including initial inquiries, application processing, participant confirmation, and pre-departure guidance. Successful candidates will provide empathetic, highly responsive customer support. Customer service is your passion, and you approach your work with a sales mindset, knowing that every student who studies abroad is having a transformative experience.
What you'll do:
- Follow a structured outreach process to proactively engage with interested leads and applicants via phone, text, and email outreach
- Coach participants and families through the scholarship and application process and work with families to overcome barriers associated with studying abroad in high school
- Provide professional and timely customer service to students and parents throughout the entire application process, including program acceptance, confirmation, and pre-departure preparedness
- Ability to work through a high daily call volume, 20-60 calls per day depending on the time of year
- Host virtual student and parent facing webinars, presenting to large groups at a time. This requires some evening hours
- Present to students and parents in person at high schools in your territory. This requires some domestic travel
- Review applications, acceptance applicants and convert them to paid participants
- Ensure that financial accounts for participants are accurate and paid in full, and follow up on discrepancies and missing payments
- Use reports within Salesforce (CRM system) to manage your applicant pipeline and reach sales goals
- Maintain accurate records of communication with customers in Salesforce (CRM system)
- Provide on-program participant support during the summer months
- Domestic travel as needed to support student recruitment
- International travel up to once per year to chaperone student group flights
- Participate in sales trainings
- Flexibility to work some evening hours to reach students and guardians when they're available
- Responsible for providing emergency support during 1-2 travel weekends per year
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years customer service or sales experience
- The ability to navigate challenging conversations
- International travel or study abroad experience is a plus
- Experience working with diverse high school students is a plus
- Additional language skills beyond English are a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with the ability to understand and tailor your communication to different audiences
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work some evening hours as the sales cycle demands
- Willingness to be a flexible team player, ready to jump in and do whatever it takes to get students prepared to travel
- Ability to embrace CIEE's Core Values (Excellence, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, and Problem Solving) and culture
This position is limited to applicants currently living in Washington or Oregon.
CIEE believes that diversity matters and that professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission to bring the world together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.