Ombudsman Educational Services, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an ELL Coordinator to join our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic - We Should Talk!
The position operates with general direction from the Chicago Program Administrator, Coordinator of Compliance and building principals and functions as an integral part of the Ombudsman team in supporting and implementing Ombudsman and Chancelight initiatives. The position operates within the defined practices and processes from the English Learners function and adheres to the guidelines for compliance as defined by district and state regulations. The English Learner Program Coordinator supports the decisions of the Chicago Regional Administrator, Coordinator of Compliance and building principals in decisions regarding the operation of the school and is an active and productive member of the site team.
The English Language Learner Coordinator will submit a weekly schedule to the Chicago Regional Administrator, Coordinator of Compliance and building principal to include tasks, dates and times for each site to be supported on a weekly basis
- The ELL Coordinator will conduct Teacher Led Instruction (TLI) courses for the ELA II, and III classes as directed by the Regional Administrator, Coordinator of Compliance and building principal.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations with parents and district personnel, projecting a positive company image
- In collaboration with the classroom teachers the ELL Coordinator will assists with the modification of curriculum and with differentiated instruction for students as well as staff. Uses a variety of instructional strategies and resources to respond to the students diverse needs and interests; including prescribed educational software and intervention curriculum
- Share current research and best strategies in teaching ELL's with the school teaching staff
- Assist in developing and creating standards-based unit/lesson plans
- Model / Coach classroom and content teachers
- Assist in analyzing ELL's work
- Review weekly teacher lesson plans for modifications and differentiated instruction
- Facilitate Access testing and all Screener exams with ELL teachers at all locations
- Assist with the selection of interventions for ELL's for tier 2 and 3 of MTSS
- ELL Coordinator will conduct classroom observations during weekly support days to provide feedback
- ELL Coordinator will meet with the principal and leads during weekly support days to discuss activity and additional support needs.
- Keep up to date with research-based practices and developments in subject area, resources and professional development
- Facilitate weekly team meetings to monitor EL's progress and report as needed to supervisors.
- Respond constructively to formal and informal feedback
- Participate in the assurance and accreditation process to ensure that the school meets and exceeds performance plans.
Ombudsman Educational Services is a division of Chancelight Education, the nation's leading provider of alternative and special education programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives!
Learn more about our history, our mission and the program services we provide by visiting the links below:
As a member of the Chancelight family you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful impacts, the support needed to achieve performance, success and advancement goals; and receive all the tools essential to reaching personal & professional fulfillment!
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More!
If you're ready to start changing the direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to create successful, independent futures... this is your Chance!
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children TODAY!
Careers, With Chancelight. = Work. With Purpose.