is currently seeking Educators/Teachers - Travel
, to support the learning and development of unaccompanied children who are in the US to be united with family members or placed in foster care. This role is critical in providing instruction and monitoring learning effectiveness, with a set scope and sequence, that will enable students to develop skills and abilities that contribute to their acquisition in learning the English language. Computer-based programs and a STEAM-based curriculum are provided for Educators/Teachers to step in and focus on the children's education. You will have the unique opportunity to make a difference and enhance the children”s academic skills and social development to assist them in transitioning into their new culture/home. Since the children are unaccompanied by a parent or other family member, our Educators/Teachers can make the children the cornerstone of their teaching, without additional parental barriers/involvement.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we will answer any questions you have!Why choose InGenesis?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to assist with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) for full-time employees
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Bonus every 6 months.
- Flexible schedule of either full-time, part-time, or an alternative schedule
- In-service hours/additional training will be offered.
- Workers who work FT and live outside of a 50-mile radius of the site may be eligible for approval of travel per diems based on the GSA posted per diems.
- Support in the student”s educational assessments through a variety of tools and resources.
- Manage lesson plans that fulfill the curriculum program and meet the needs of the students.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Manage student behavior and create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the students' social and emotional development.
- Become familiar with and uphold enforcement of school rules and policies.
- Work actively with other teachers and administrators.
- Deliver services sensitive to the age, culture, native language, and needs of each student.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of the service population and program operations.
- Comply with all applicable State Child Welfare laws and regulations, and all State and local education codes.
- Provide focused intervention for identified higher-risk students.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Prepare presentations and/or training as needed.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Work with minimal supervision both independently and as a member of a team.
- Be a positive role model for students and continuously support the mission of the program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor”s degree from an accredited university.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Ability to instruct students and support their overall learning and adaptation skills.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Technology literate.
- Valid teaching certificate.
- ESL, ESOL, TESOL or TEFL certification preferred.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents.
- The physical demands include standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks, and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.EEOC Statement InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations .