Special Education/Resource Room - Special Education
Dearborn Heights School District No. 7
Dearborn Heights School District No. 7  Additional Information: Show/Hide
- Valid Michigan Special Education Teaching Certificate Special Education.
- Meets requirements for Highly Qualified Special Education Teacher Secondary Level
- ELA Endorsement preferred
- Two (2) years teaching preferred
- Knowledge of Universal Design for Learning preferred.
- Determine Instructional needs of students based on IEP assessment data and district curriculum.
- Provide direct and/or supplimental instruction to students.
- Ability to modify and design curriculum content to meet the needs of students on a certificate of completion track.
- Ability to evaluate students current levels of academic performance using district standard for Special Education Testing and assessment data of progress towards IEP goals and the curriculum.
- Serve/participate on Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Ability to manage student behavior to maximize engagement in learning.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Co-teaching and PBIS best practices to meet student needs.
- Monitor progress and accommodate curriculum to support academic achievement.
- Ability to coordinate with general education teachers, parents, and building staff to facilitate student progress and growth.
- Ability to facilitate parent meetings such as parent teacher conferences and IEP's.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students and parents regarding students' goals and progress.
- Ability to coordinate and plan classroom activities with general education staff to meet curriculum expectations and IEP goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Reports to: Building Principal and Special Education Director
Compensation: Per Master Agreement
The information contained in this is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Dearborn Heights School District No. 7 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of Dearborn Heights School District No. 7 that no person shall on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin or handicap be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination, in employment or any of its programs or activities.