Instructor- (Part-Time / ESL / General Education)- Monroe County
Title: Instructor (Part-Time / General Education)
Job Location: Monroe Co., TN
- Adult Education Grant Funded Position
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $23/hr- not to exceed $23,000 annually
The Adult Education Teacher (Part-time) is a grant-funded position. The selected candidate(s) will work one on one with students to deliver state required curriculum, meeting the educational and career needs of each student.
The Adult Education Instructor (Part-Time) is a grant funded position. The selected candidate(s) are responsible for assisting the Adult Education District Coordinator in providing a program-wide educational atmosphere where adult students can fulfill educational goals by earning a high school equivalency diploma and/or improving skills in mathematics, language, science, social studies, reading, and improvements through the achievement of levels defined by the NRS.
The Adult Education Instructor/Teacher serves students through teaching, testing, orientation, counseling and other instructional activities as assigned by the Program Director/Assistant Program Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, teach and evaluate student work.
- Ensure curriculum remains current as set forth by the Adult Education program.
- Implement and monitor classroom instructional activities to ensure a climate were students are actively engaging in meaningful learning experiences.
- Participate in the assessment of curricular needs/plans for improvement and provide training for these changes.
- Conduct and/or monitor staff in presenting Adult Education Orientation and Testing using TABE and OPT.
- Monitor teacher/staff record keeping, ensuring that effective and efficient record keeping procedures are maintained through JOBS4TN.
- Participate in local and state activities/staff development.
- Supervise classes at off-site locations.
- Promote a positive environment throughout the program, ensuring students are encourages and actively engaged in the learning program.
- Model professional and ethical standards while working with students, staff, and community.
- Assume responsibility for meeting performance goals in his/her course and assist teachings in meeting program-wide goals set by the National Reporting System.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the goals of students.
- Follow due process for providing regular instruction in the absence of another teacher/instructor.
CRITICAL SKILLS / EXPERTISE / EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, attentive to detail, flexible, and manage stressful situations.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills and maintain focus with job responsibilities, to achieve academic goals.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals / students.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Prepare/present information for both small and large groups of individuals.
The Adult Education Instructor/Teacher (Part-Time) is a classroom assigned position. All selected candidates shall dedicate their time and attention to the Adult Education instructional activities as outlined in Title II of WIOA.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education (or related field).
- TN Teacher's License (or approved waiver).
- Work independently with little direct supervision.
- Willingness to work a split schedule including up to two evenings per week.
- Knowledge of Jobs4TN.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience working in Adult Education preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
The position may require some evening/weekend hours. This position is primarily in-person, but occasional remove work may be required.
Travel may be required throughout the college's five county service area.
Work activities routinely involve work personal computers, scanners, and peripheral devices. Photocopy, electronic mail systems and other machines are frequently used. __
If you are interested, click on the link to apply.
Applications can be assured full consideration if submitted by September 12, 2023.
Human Resources Office
Cleveland State Community College
Applicants may be subject to a background check.
Cleveland State Community College does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by Cleveland State Community College. Cleveland State Community College's policy on nondiscrimination can be found at: http://www2.clevelandstatecc.edu/about/policy-manual/policy-7-01-00-00