FALL RIVER PUBLIC SCHOOLSFALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTS
The Superintendent of Schools announces the following position(s) within the Fall River Public School System:POSITION
: ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) TEACHER(S)QUALIFICATIONS
Possess a valid Massachusetts Teaching Licenses in the subject area of interest and in English as a Second Language (ESL). Bachelor's Degree in teaching English as a Second Language or a related field. Demonstrated expertise and experience teaching English Language Learners as outlined by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Demonstrated success in developing English language proficiently of secondary school English Language Learners. Experience in curriculum development for ESL/ELL classes. JOB GOAL
To deliver high quality and rigorous instruction aimed at accelerating English language learning, exposing students to content vocabulary, and preparing English Language Learners to move towards proficiency of the English language.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Educates linguistically minority students.
- Teaches ESL to students utilizing the course of study adopted by the School Committee and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of individual students.
- Has a working knowledge of WIDA standards and ACCESS assessment.
- Evaluates each student's progress in the acquisition of listening, speaking, reading and writing English skills.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss student's progress.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly and productive classroom environment.
- Participates in professional development activities consistent with the districts goals and needs of English Language Learners
- All other responsibilities that are listed in the collective bargaining agreement between the Fall River Educators' Association and the Fall River School Committee.
In accordance with the Fall River Educators' Association contract. Continued employment is contingent on work performance, program need, and funding. CLOSING DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: As indicated on webpage
The Fall River Public Schools offers all programs, activities, and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, and disability.