Teaches English as a Second Language (ESL) Classes, administers student assessments, and performs other administrative duties to support student success. This position is funded by a grant through the Texas Workforce Commission.
- These classes are scheduled Tuesday and Thursday, 5:45 pm to 8:45 pm.
- The salary for this position is $24.00 per hour.
- These classes are located in Nevada, TX.
- These are in person classes.
- 70% Teaches ESL classes for the required number of hours per week.
- 10% Prepares and submits lesson plans.
- 5% Evaluates student progress and attendance to adjust programming to meet state and federal guidelines.
- 5% Attends required staff meetings and professional development training.
- 5% Performs other job related duties.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.
- Demonstrates the Viking Values of balance, clarity, gratitude, service, teamwork, and trust.
- Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations relating to higher education and grant administration.
- Works closely with program director, data coordinator and other staff to serve participants and comply with program requirements.
- Stays current in the field of Adult Education and actively continues professional growth, including obtaining necessary credentials to perform required duties.
- Adapts as needed to ever-changing state and federal requirements.
- Remains sensitive to socio-economic and cultural factors that influence student recruitment, retention, and successful progress and completion of the program.
- Promotes the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the classroom.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. Some education coursework is preferred.
- Six months to two years related previous work experience.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job.
- Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the college for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Proficient in the use of computers (internet, emailing, etc.) and office equipment (copier, scanner, printer, etc.).
- Work includes sitting, walking, standing, bending, carrying of light items, and travel to various classroom sites as needed.
Please submit unofficial transcripts or e-copies for each institution of higher education attended with your application (If selected, official transcripts from each degree-granting institution will be required upon date of hire). Be sure to include three professional references with your application.
GRAYSON COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION PROVIDING EDUCATIONAL AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON THE BASIS OF MERIT AND WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, GENDER, AGE, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The employer actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact the human resources office at 903-463-8770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This position requires original transcripts and three professional references. This position is considered a security sensitive position and will require a criminal background check.