Adjunct Faculty - Department of Critical Literacies, Technology, and Multilingual Education (CLTM)
Adjunct Faculty, ESL/Bilingual CUGS and COGS - Department of Critical Literacies, Technology, and Multilingual Education (CLTM)
Adjunct Faculty - College of Education
This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal on a term-by-term basis. We are interested in candidates who can teach courses in our ESL/Bilingual undergraduate (CUGS) and graduate (COGS) programs. Our students are pre-service and in-service teachers working to obtain their ESL Certificate and/or Bilingual Endorsement for teaching in PK12 settings.
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education in Applied Linguistics, TESOL, Bilingual Education, or a closely related field
- At least 3 years teaching experience with bilingual/multilingual or emergent bilingual (EB) students in PK12 classrooms in the US, preferably in urban or suburban settings
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Demonstrated commitment to working with PK12 schools and underrepresented students and families.
- A teaching and learning philosophy consistent with the mission of Rowan University and the College of Education.
- Experience with higher education teaching in multiple formats, including online
- Proficiency in language(s) other than English and connections to bilingual communities
- Membership and participation in appropriate professional organizations
Starting Date: Open, Continuous
Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Catherine Michener (email@example.com) and/or Dr. Brooke Hoffman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application must be submitted through our online applicant tracking system:
All applications should include:
- Application cover letter addressing experience related to the required and preferred qualifications listed above
- A statement of teaching philosophy and commitment to diversity, equity, social justice, and inclusion (500 words)
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of all graduate transcripts (unofficial for application);
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one of which speaks to teaching ability)
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon need for instructors in a given semester and budget appropriations.
NOTE: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.