Reporting to the Director of Immersive Professional Learning, the Experiential Learning (EL) GA provides data management, resource generation, communications, and strategic feedback on experiential learning programs at the Middlebury Institute. This is temporary student position estimated at 7 hours per week.
This position will provide outreach, reporting, and administrative support for semester-long credit-bearing practicum courses (e.g, IPSS and IEM Practicum) and support faculty-led international programs as needed. The position will also help with storytelling and the Experiential Learning Impact Report.
This portion of the position involves assistance with applications and collection and tracking of required forms and documents.
- Distribute forms and handouts for students on timeline, application process, sample letters to organizations, etc.
- Maintain checklists of which documents/requirements have been met by each student. Send reminders.
- Assist in managing student expectations (through info sessions, guideline documents, etc.).
- Manage general communications with students before and during practicum.
Outreach and Communications
This portion of the position involves web updates, immersive learning storytelling, and enrollment partnerships.
- Connect with students on TESOL, IEM, IPSS, TLM, and T&I practicum programs to profile student experiences on miis.edu.
- Maintain and update IPSS and IEM Practicum webpages and Google sites (when applicable).
- Update go.miis.edu/el and http://sites.miis.edu/immersive learning with stories from the field. Knowledge of Wordpress or similar platform preferred.
Practicum Presentation Logistics
This portion of the position involves coordinating logistics and communications for IEM symposium and the IPSS Panel Presentations
- Organize and publicize event including event booking, technology support, volunteer recruitment, etc.
- Work with faculty, staff, and students on preparation and practice sessions.
- Support IPL Director and Practicum Faculty in managing day-of logistics.
Reporting and Data Management
This portion involves working on an immersive learning impact report and other special projects.
- Maintain records of where past students have completed the IEM Practicum, IPSS, and other semester-long internship programs
- Maintain reports by past students to help future students choose practicum sites.
- Assist staff in developing impact report on immersive learning and practica at MIIS.
- Complete 1-2 other reports or special projects to benefit MIIS students and faculty involved in immersive learning programs.
- Reports include:
- Collecting information and stories for the Experiential Learning Impact Report. Work with Middlebury College publishing department to design report.
- Update existing Onsite Experiential Learning Guide.
- Assist in the build-out of virtual onsite course resources and virtual experiential learning resources as needed.